Sama kicks off a new series on the show called “Better Know a Record Shop”. The goal is to visit different record shops, take photos, interview the owners, and then play some of the music from the shop.
The first shop featured is called “Headstone Friends”. It’s located at 1142 Poplar Street, in Terre Haute, Indiana. The owner wasn’t around but Sama speaks a little with his wife, Connie, who told him about the history of the store, which has been in operation since 1971.
Some of the songs featured in the shop:
- Jack Teagarden - I Can't Get Away from the Blues
- Tommy Wills - Lost Dreams
- Lambert, Hendricks, and Ross! - Gimme That Wine
- Percy Faith - Oye Como Va
- Shirley Bassey - Love Story
- Shirley Bassey - Easy Thing to Do
- Savoy Brown - Just Cos you Got the Blues, Don’t Mean You Gotta Sing
To automatically download the podcast, subscribe on iTunes.